Ten directors scooped top prizes at the IoD’s annual Director of the Year Awards East of England 2018, held in Newmarket.
The awards celebrate the exemplary leaders who are doing great work across the East of England, rewarding individuals who display professionalism, diligence and creativity to inspire employees. The winners were presented with their awards at The Jockey Club Rooms by Stephen Martin (IoD Director General) and David Sales (Chairman, IoD East of England).
Stephen, who was this year’s guest of honour, is an authoritative voice of UK business in the media and engages with senior figures from across government, politics and Whitehall, to represent business interests. He commented: “Today has been a fantastic event celebrating the best in British business here in the East of England and it was amazing to see so many inspirational stories of directors and the great impact they have not just in their own company but in the communities in which they are operating. It was a very successful event with many worthy winners and I wish them all continued success in their businesses.”
The 2018 IoD East of England Director of the Year winners are:
- New Director of the Year: Sarah West, Managing Director of Full Mix Marketing (Norwich, Norfolk)
- Start-Up Director of the Year: Will Stewart, Managing Director of The Point. 1888 (Shenfield, Essex)
- Family Business Director of the Year: Tarnia Robertson, Ufford Park Woodbridge, Hotel, Golf & Spa (Woodbridge, Suffolk)
- SME Director of the Year: Michelle Pollard, Managing Director of Spider Fixed Fee Web Recruitment (Ipswich, Suffolk)
- Innovation Director of the Year: Laura Morrison, Director of Your Telemarketing Ltd (Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk)
- CSR Director of the Year: Doug Field, Joint Chief Executive of East of England Co-Op (Ipswich, Suffolk)
- Public/Third Sector Director of the Year: Jane Gurney, CEO of Essex & Herts Air Ambulance (Colchester, Essex)
- Global Director of the Year: Andrew Brammer, Managing Director of PSS (North Walsham, Norfolk)
- Non-Executive Director of the Year: Debbie Gardiner, Director of Association of Employment and Learning Providers (AELP) (Dunstable, Beds)
- Chairman’s Award: David Hosking, Managing Director of Tusker (Watford, Herts)
David Sales, regional IoD Chairman for East of England and host of the awards commented: “Every year these awards get more competitive, meaning the judging process is ever more challenging and exciting! The East of England is home to many of the UK’s most innovative, vibrant and successful organisations – led by some of our best directors. This year’s winners are exceptional role models for our fabulous region.”
Simone Robinson, Head of Regional Relationships, IoD East of England commented on the winners: “All of the winners are singularly tenacious, driven, innovative and successful, and all of them share the desire to promote good governance, deliver strong and collaborative leadership, a consideration for corporate social responsibility, and a recognition of the role the team plays in the businesses achievements.”